Application for general department scholarships and awards opens December 20th. Deadline to apply is February 27th, 2023.
The Psychology Department Scholarship Committee annually awards graduate scholarships and honorary awards to doctoral students based on academic excellence, merit, and other criteria. Only students who are currently enrolled in the doctoral program are eligible to apply. The availability and amount of each award is determined annually. Some awards do not have a monetary component are and are strictly honorary.
***These awards require the recipient to abide by the graduate credit hours at the time of the award being received. For example, if you are enrolled in 9 credit hours at the time of applying, you still need to meet the 9 credit hour enrollment when it is awarded if it is a requirement of the award.
Charlotte Friedersdorff-Boyd Memorial Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Student*
Anna Wright Memorial Scholarship
Frank Collins Memorial Scholarship
Ernest H. Harrell Memorial Scholarship
Rogers Academic Career Award in Clinical Psychology (RACA)
Rogers Excellence Award in Clinical Psychology (REA-CP)
Bonney Honor Student in Psychology Award
Ladenberger Honor Student in Psychology Award
Psychology Teaching Fellow Award
Outstanding Dissertation Award
Outstanding Thesis Award
Outstanding Scholarly Publication Award
To read about recent award winners, visit: https://psychology.unt.edu/scholarships-awards/previous-award-winners.
- Students must be a doctoral student in good standing in the Department of Psychology at the time of application.
- Students must be currently enrolled at UNT.
- Each scholarship has its own set of eligibility criteria. See here for full eligibility requirements for each award.
- Students awarded scholarships must sign the Scholarship Agreement and provide a thank you letter to the scholarship donor, as well as a short biography and narrative of accomplishments.
How to Apply
We encourage all students to apply for the dissertation, thesis, and scholarly publication award, if eligible. Beyond these, however, you may only apply to two more additional awards each year. If you have won a specific award in the past, then you are not eligible for that award.
Please note that the application package must include specific items based on the individual award. The required documents are listed below each award. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application for general department scholarships and awards open December 20th. The deadline to apply is February 27th.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Application for the three scholarships for advanced graduate students (who do not have other funding) opens December 20th. The deadline to apply is February 27th.
Click HERE for application instructions and cover page for the following three scholarships:
- $1,000 Advanced Scholar Award (Ray W. Johnson Counseling Psychology Scholarship Fund)
- Charlotte Friedersdorff-Boyd Memorial Scholarship-Graduate Student Award
- Texas Instruments Scholarship-Graduate Student Award
Please read carefully to ensure that you meet full eligibility requirements.