Application for general department scholarships and awards opens November 15. Deadline to apply is February 20.
The Psychology Department Scholarship Committee annually awards graduate scholarships and honorary awards to doctoral students based on academic excellence, merit, and other criteria. Only students who are currently enrolled in the doctoral program are eligible to apply. The availability and amount of each award is determined annually. Some awards do not have a monetary component are and are strictly honorary.
Charlotte Friedersdorff-Boyd Memorial Scholarship for Outstanding Graduate Student*
Anna Wright Memorial Scholarship
Frank Collins Memorial Scholarship
Ernest H. Harrell Memorial Scholarship
Rogers Academic Career Award in Clinical Psychology (RACA)
Rogers Excellence Award in Clinical Psychology (REA-CP)
Bonney Honor Student in Psychology Award
Ladenberger Honor Student in Psychology Award
Psychology Teaching Fellow Award
Outstanding Dissertation Award
Outstanding Thesis Award
Outstanding Scholarly Publication Award
To read about recent award winners, visit: https://psychology.unt.edu/scholarships-awards/previous-award-winners.
- Students must be a doctoral student in good standing in the Department of Psychology at the time of application.
- Students must be currently enrolled at UNT.
- Each scholarship has its own set of eligibility criteria. See here for full eligibility requirements for each award.
- Students awarded scholarships must sign the Scholarship Agreement and provide a thank you letter to the scholarship donor, as well as a short biography and narrative of accomplishments.
How to Apply
Complete the Application Cover Page (click here to download during application period) and submit the form and other application materials together in a manila envelope.
Deliver application materials to the designated mailbox on the 3rd Floor, Terrill Hall by the deadline.
A separate application packet and manila envelope is required for each award you wish to apply for.
We encourage all students to apply for the dissertation, thesis, and scholarly publication award, if eligible. Beyond these, however, you may only apply to two more additional awards each year. If you have won a specific award in the past, then you are not eligible for that award.
Please note that the application package must include specific items based on the individual award. The required documents are listed below each award. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Application for general department scholarships and awards open November 15. The deadline to apply is February 20.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Application for the four scholarships for advanced graduate students (who do not have other funding) opens November 15. The deadline to apply is March 10.
Click HERE for application instructions and cover page for the following four scholarships:
- $1,000 Advanced Scholar Award (Ray W. Johnson Counseling Psychology Scholarship Fund)
- Charlotte Friedersdorff-Boyd Memorial Scholarship-Graduate Student Award
- Texas Instruments Scholarship-Graduate Student Award
- Dr. Marlys Lamar Scholarship (for Counseling Psychology students)
Please see here for full eligibility requirements for individual scholarship eligibility requirements.