Messages from the 2018 Cohort
Dear Dr. Wang,
We accept the fact that we have decided to commit the next 5/6 years of our lives to the University of North Texas for whatever it is our dreams may be. But we find it's incredibly difficult to write a blurb telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is…
- a perfectionist
- an academic
- a Red Vines lover
- an adventurer
- a coffee addict
- a gourmet chef
- a bird lady
- a jokester
- a baker
Does that answer your question?
The Breakfast Club
Messages from the 2019 Cohort
It's the first week of September 2019, and we just began graduate school,We have already learned a great deal of info, it's pretty cool!It's amazing to think that only 13 days ago we met one another,We're so close already, we all feel like we have 7 new sisters and brothers!
We've got Derek from New Mexico, who is a tall married man, And Evan from Indianapolis, a joyful addition to our clan!Jolene is from Colorado, she's a faith-filled bright star,And Justin is from Silver Spring, Maryland, a place he once conducted a railway car!
Will got married 2 days ago and is from Denton just down the street,Lindsey moved from Florida and brings the Miami heat.Julian grew up in Georgia, he is so funny and calm,And Melissa came from Mission, Texas, she is a proud dog mom!
We are all excited to see how our developing careers unfold,We are just beginning to understand how much work our futures really hold!So if y'all are thinking about whether UNT is right for you to apply,Feel free to reach out with questions or come to the cube room and stop by!
Messages from the 2020 Cohort
The New Kids on the Block - an Ode to 1st Year
- Nerves are high and money is low, but we are about to dominate our first year… that is - FO SHO.
- We have come from afar and are feeling the heat, we are all masked-up and maintain our respective 6 feet.
- Washing our hands and managing COVID - we will make it through the future - oh yes - we know it.
- Addition by subtraction, our math club does the most; we are multiplying intelligence, but there's no need for a toast.
- Virtually inclusive and scrambling over campus, we know we can do this, but don't yet know the answers.
- Reading and writing, it's what we do best - we've entered the gauntlet and are ready for the test.
- It's our first year in the program, so please do not '@' us; wandering around campus… you'll see us with maps up.
- Poets and painters, potters and professionals, we are people participating progressively and preparing for perfection.
- We are the new kids on the block and we came here to show out; we are the future professionals to handle all of your future blow outs.
- We joined this profession, but not to sit in a chair; we joined this profession to help people with care.
- First year has never looked so good J
- Banded together in precarious times - we will communicate effectively, we might even rhyme.
- Teamwork and effort are our greatest strengths - we hope it may one day, take us straight to the bank.
- Eccentric and elaborate, this cohort has a wide variety of interests, skills, backgrounds, and identities; we will make the best year of this wild 2020.
- We are blazing a new trail, so you better watch out - first years > everything - we are coming for clout.
- Massive motivation makes us master maneuverers.
- Math club enthusiasts with aversion to stats - one day, in our office, we'll have plenty of plaques.
- We're new to the campus, minus one; add us to your guestlist, we're plenty of fun.
- Multiplicity undivided, we can fudge the numbers; when it comes to getting rest, we are lacking in slumber.
- Hours of education and still we're not done; but we won't be done in 6 years… it's just 'Five plus 1'
.Messages from the 2021 Cohort (The Fun Cohort):
Hey Hey! We are Cachet, Kasey, Cameren, Dafina, McKenzie, Ashley, Cassandre, & Caleb! We hold many different identities. We're shy but we talk a lot (except Caleb lol). Always down to go out for drinks, meet up at the pool, gather for food and courtship.
- Where we're from: Canada, Georgia, Florida, Texas, New Jersey, California, North Carolina, Atlanta (Clay Co), Miami, Dallas, San Antonio (Spring Branch), Toronto, San Jose (Bay Area), Raleigh, Belmar
- Fav drink: Margarita, Mojito, Tequila and more tequila. Wild craft beers, like triple hopped IPA's or Mexican chocolate stouts
- Fav food: Julia's kale salad (IYKYK)
- Hobbies: sports (duh), dance, cooking, sleeping, chisme, staying home, photography, playing board games, pickleball, watching the Real Housewives franchise (or any reality TV), having meaningful conversations and non-meaningful conversations.
- Alternate Careers: barista, model, singer, stand-up comedian, influencer, tech guru, musicologist
- You can catch us listening to: Beyonce, H.E.R., Summer Walker, Local Natives, Rihanna, Maroon 5, Green Day, Miguel, Simple Plan, Sam Smith
Messages from the 2022 Cohort
Hey! We don't know about you, but we're cohort "22"!
(credit to Taylor Swift's 2012 song,"22")
We are overjoyed to be a part of the Counseling Psych family. The first time our cohort met was on August 17th, 2022, in room 121. One of the days during orientation week, we ate lunch at the picnic tables outside Terrill Hall. Ever since that day, we immediately connected and have been inseparable since then. From Canada to Australia, our cohort is from all over the world. We are proudly diverse from all identities and backgrounds. We love to hang out whether it's at a local coffee shop or bar. For the next 5 to 6 years, we look forward to our journey together in becoming counseling psychologists. To give you an idea of who we are, here are some random facts about us below:
For eleven years, Jessica competed as an acrobatic gymnast. As part of her self care routine, Jessica participates in "solo karaoke".
Bri played Division I softball and enjoys cooking/baking in her spare time.
Issy played Division 1 college tennis & has visited over 20 countries!
Jacob loves cooking and baking almost as much as he loves eating it. He enjoys spending as much time as he can outside.
Quanisha is a certified yoga instructor. She can often be found relaxing near a lit candle listening to neo soul with cookies in the oven because she's a stress baker.
Olivia knows how to make maple syrup and does so with her family up in Canada.
Anna's Croc collection contains the whole rainbow so she can always match her shoes to her outfits. She is also scuba certified.
Besides Tiffany's love for psychology, she also has a love for art and flowers. Her happy places are art museums, botanic gardens, and attending performances of any kind, particularly musicals and ballets.