- 2016 (Spring) UNT Behavioral Science Newsletter (Click Here)
- 2015 (Spring) UNT Behavioral Science Newsletter (Click Here)
2015/2016 Student Success
- Renee Cloutier was recently awarded the prestigious F31 National Research Service Award from the National Institutes of Health. The F31 NIH award will fund Renee's dissertation on adolescent risk behavior (with her mentor, Dr. Blumenthal Teen ST.A.R. Lab); it is the first of its kind to be funded at UNT
- Renee Cloutier, Charlotte Friedersdorff-Boyd Memorial Scholarship
- Carmen Liu, Ernest H. Harrell Memorial Scholarship, Psychology Research Outstanding Poster
- Shana Southard-Dobbs, Psychology Research Outstanding Poster
- Eric Schuler, Outstanding Scholarly Publication Award
- Lee Bedford and Stephanie Agtarap accepted into a dual-PhD program (Behavioral Science and Educational Psychology) with a concentration in Research, Measurement, and Statistics
Welcome New Student
- Justin Asbee is a new doctoral student in the Computational Neuropsychology and Simulation (CNS) lab with Dr. Parsons. Justin completed his MA in experimental psychology from Radford University in Virginia. He received a BS from Lock Haven University in Pennsylvania. He is interested in human-computer interfaces and applications of virtual reality.
2015/2016 Faculty Success
- Dr. Yolanda Flores Niemann has been invited to the White House to be a panelist for Latinas in Education: Reaching Our Full Potential session that is part of the Fulfilling America's Future: Latinas in the Us summit on Oct. 21, 2016. (Click here)
- Dr. Thomas Parsons published a new book: Parsons, T.D. (2016). Clinical Neuropsychology and Technology: What's New and How We Can Use It. New York: Springer Press. (Click Here)
- Dr. Rex Wright is now Chief Co-Editor of the journal Motivation Science; September 1, 2016.
- Dr. Thomas Parsons received $1,000,000 Department of Defense grant for A13-090 - Advanced Automated Assessment of Cognitive Changes Associated with Brain Injury and Neurological Disease. Dr. Parsons is Partnering-PI with Robert Hubal of Soartech on this effort to develop Avatar-Administered Neuropsychological Testing (AVANT); 2015.